Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Northridge Mall-girl about 4 y.o.

I've posted this on Peachhead and CityMommy and someone recommended your site as well. I really hope this gets to the right parents!!!

I don't know if I have enough information to make a difference here. All I know is that if this was my nanny I would certainly want to know. So I hope this helps...
While at the Northridge Mall this afternoon I witnessed a girl playing in the play area while her "nanny" slept. She was actually asleep. These play areas are not enclosed and the girl could easily have slipped out and been long gone before her nanny woke up to notice.
I didn't get any names, unfortunately. But here is a description of the girl:
About 4 years old. She was either Hispanic or Asian- with dark hair in a ponytail. She had a long sleeved pink shirt that read "Look For The Bare Necessities" from the Jungle Book. Blue jeans with pink embroideries. When they left she put on a white fuzzy jacket and a Disney princess backpack.
The nanny was wearing a bright green goose-down like vest jacket and carrying a gold purse.

With two small kids of my own I've experienced how quickly they can get out of your sight. And if a nanny is falling asleep in a public place what could they be doing in your home when no one is watching?

No comments: